Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Heart and Vision....




Here's a taste of my heart and vision for reaching teenagers.  Its brief, simple and to the point.  Some day I'd like to develop it a little more. 






VISION STATEMENT
My desire is to see teenagers develop a heart and mind that is passionate for the Gospel and the Word of God while cultivating a motivation to be missional to friends, family, and beyond. 

I believe that teenagers can be some of the greatest evangelists.
           
         When the Gospel changes an individual’s heart they can become some of the best Gospel proclaimers.    

I would love to see young and old equipped with the tools to share Christ and motivated to reach out to their school, their friends, family, jobs and beyond with the good new of the Gospel. 

Teaching the Word

I believe that everyone needs to know and understand the Bible is crucial to providing the necessary foundation for life and faith.

In Matthew 5:6 Jesus said, “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.”  And He also said in John 15:7, “If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.”  Not only has the Bible changed my life- I also believe that His Word can change a student in how they think, feel, and in the choices they make throughout every day life. Teenagers can be easily influenced by today’s culture (movies, television, music, school) and without allowing God’s Word to saturate their lives they can be easily influenced and swayed by the ways of this world.  It is essential for them to grasp and have a foundation of the core basic teachings of the Christian life (Including the Gospel, the Bible, Evangelism, the Holy Spirit to leave them ready for everyday life and the future (in college, career, etc).

 The Gospel changes lives; the Gospel changed my life.  I believe with all my heart that the good news of Jesus can take someone, make him or her new from within, and allow him or her to make a difference for His Kingdom.  It brings me great joy that God has and can use me in the lives of individuals.  




1 comment: